I gotta be honest here. With the number of new attractions sprouting up in Sentosa in the past years, we have not been to Underwater World Singapore (UWS) for ages! So we were like tourists all over again with our recent visit to UWS with the kids, who were there for the first time and totally enthralled by all that they saw.
Touch Pool, one of the interactive zones, located near the entrance of UWS.
The kids couldn’t quite believe they were allowed to touch the fishes and starfish! Took some coaxing before the cub dared to try, and he was glad he did!
At the next stop of interactive zone is something interesting.
The Mystical Anti Gravity Interactive Concept Tank (MAGIC-T) is the latest avant-garde attraction at UWS. Visitors will now be able to feed the fishes enclosed in the MAGIC-T , through openings in the side and not have any water splashing out of the tank. Water would flow out through any hole in the middle of a water-filled tank.
Source: Underwater World Singapore
It was so cute watching the fishes peek through the side openings. But they were quick to move away from the hands whenever we stick them in. Fish food is available for purchase, if you want the fish to come to you. 😉
The kids were marveled by the huge rays and garoupas, and could hardly contain their excitement when they saw so many sharks! (Because ‘Finding Nemo’ is one of the most watched Pixar movies at home.)
At the Dolphin Lagoon, the kids were delighted to get to see pink dolphins for the very first time. A couple of close encounters with the seals during the show got the cub courageous enough to take a picture with the well-trained animal. My littlest one, on the other hand, kept a safety distance but managed to squeeze into the group photo. 🙂
In GOOD THINGS MUST SHARE, Underwater World Singapore is giving away 5 pairs of complimentary tickets to readers of MissusTay.com! All you have to do is:
Each ticket only permits a complimentary entry into Underwater World Singapore and a buffet at Island Cuisine. Please find below Terms & Conditions of the giveaway for your reference.
Terms & Conditions of Giveaway:
This giveaway ends at 11.59pm on Sunday, 21 June 2015, and is only applicable to local residents of Singapore (i.e. Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents, Holders of Employment Passes, work Permit or Dependent’s Pass). Winners will be contacted using the contact particulars provided when entering this draw and will have 48 hours to respond, failing which a new winner will be drawn. All incomplete entries will be disqualified. All entries will be verified before the winners are announced. To be fair to our sponsors, please note that all fake Facebook accounts (eg. accounts set up purely to take part in contests with no or very few real friends) will also be ineligible to win.
Kindly note the following information from the sponsor:
- Promotion is valid for both adult and child.
- To qualify, visitors are required to produce relevant identification, subjected to one admission ticket per local ID.
- This promotion is not applicable with any ongoing promotions.
- This promotion is not applicable for group tours.
- This promotion is only valid for watching the dolphin show. Charges are applicable should invited visitors wish to participate in the dive or have contact with the dolphins.
- Point-of-exchange for promotion: Underwater World Singapore ticketing counter.
- Promotion is only valid for communicated date of visit
- Guest must retain and present the invite for entry
- Guest must retain and present the invite to redeem buffet meal at Island Cuisine.
- Guest are only allowed to use the invite once.
- UWS reserves the right to refuse redemption, entry and/or participation if the above conditions are not fulfilled.
- UWS Shall not be liable for cancellation of any programmes due to wet weather or unforeseen circumstances.
- Island Cuisine will offer local delicacies in a buffet format daily from 11.30am – 3pm (Last seating: 2.30pm) and 5.30pm – 9pm (Last seating: 8.30pm).
- Island Cuisine is not a halal certified restaurant. Dishes do not contain pork/lard.
- UWS reserves the right to substitute the buffet meal with another item of equivalent value.
Edit to highlight the Sum of Fun promotion UWS and Island Cuisine is currently having this June holidays!
At just $19.90*, you get admission to UWS, a sumptuous buffet at Island Cuisine and perks at other attractions in Sentosa!
UPDATE at 23 Jun 15:
Thank you everyone, for your participation! We have the winners for the 5 pairs of UWS tickets. The sponsor / representative will get in touch with you via the email address you have provided.