Now that we’re done with the cub’s 3rd birthday celebrations and at the tail end of our home-works, I’m trying to get back into some blogging action again!
We missed out on quite a few events for the kids due to busy schedules and the HFMD episode. So I’m totally looking forward to Disney On Ice presents Treasure Trove when it hits our shores from 19-23 March 2014! We caught the last Disney On Ice in 2012 with the cub who was only 14 months old then and totally enchanted with the performance. This year’s theme, Treasure Trove, takes the audience on an action packed adventure with 50 of Disney’s most loved characters. It includes a medley of some of my favourite animated Disney movies from the very first full-length animated film, “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” to the 50th Disney film, “Tangled“! Here’s 12 interesting facts of Disney On Ice just to share!
- Disney On Ice was founded in 1981 and has since travelled to over 70 countries and six continents
- The average size of the ice skating surface is 21 m x 43 m
- It takes 12 trucks to transport all production equipment for set-up
- And there are actually 2 washers and 2 dryers that travel with the production crew for every tour to ensure the skaters are fresh and clean throughout the tour.
- It takes 14 hours to set up for one Disney On Ice show
- But just 3 hours to tear down the production
- 102 different colours of paint are used on the props for every production
- 1,300 yards of fabric are used to make the costumes for all cast
- At least 300 costumes are used in every production
- All 43 cast members have an average of 5 costume changes per show
- 20,000 Swarovski crystals are hand placed on the characters’ costumes in preparation for every show
- The total number of people who worked on costumes alone for Treasure Trove is 50
Tickets for Disney On Ice presents Treasure Trove can be purchased:
- online at Sportshub,
- via the tickets hotline at +65 6333 5000,
- by visiting the Sports Hub Tickets Box Office,
- or at any Sports Hub ticket outlet at all SingPost locations
UPDATE: 4 tickets to give away for the opening show on 19 March 2014 at 730pm!
In the meantime, do check out the roadshows before the Treasure Trove unfolds on 19 March 2014:
Jem: 18-23 February
Forum: 28 Feb –March 2
West Coast Plaza: 7-9 March
Square 2: 14-16 March
UPDATE as at 19 Feb ’14: We have a winner – Bee Ng!
(You have email!)
Many thanks to all who participated.